The following events were known to occur during 2372:
- Each entry preceded by a <L#> designation indicates the level of Fleet Canon that item has been given by the Department of Creative Resources.
- Items without a designation have not yet been reviewed, or are deemed non-canon events.
- (Parenthesis) and/or italics show references to source material.
- <L3>The Type 10 shuttle begins the planning stages.
- <L3>The Yellowstone-class Runabout is approved for testing. (VOY 122)
- <L4>The Klingons invade Cardassian space believing that the Dominion have taken control of the Cardassian government. The [[Federation refuses to support the attack, and assigns Lt. Commander Worf to DS9 to mediate with the Klingons. (DS9 473-474)
- <L4>Major Kira and Gul Dukat embark on a mission to locate the Ravinok. Survivors are found on a borderline Class M planet in the Dozaria system. Dukat finds the daughter of his mistress and returns her to Cardassia. Dukat will be demoted and disgraced by this action (DSN 477, DSN 486).
- <L4>Dr. Lenara Kahn, once a wife of Dax, boards DS9; using the USS Defiant her team succeeds in creating the first artificial wormhole. (DSN 478)
- <L4>Native American "Sky Spirits" are encountered on a planet in the Delta Quadrant by the "Voyager" while on a mission to locate polyferanide to seal the warp core. (VOY 125).
- <L4>On DS9, Quark receives a shuttle from his cousin, names it the Quark's Treasure and pilots it to Earth with Rom, Nog, and (unknowingly) Odo. Sabotaged, and carrying contraband Kemacite, the vessel time-warps to 1947 where it crash lands in Roswell, New Mexico. Escaping from the military, they manage to pilot it back to 2372. (DSN 480).
- <L3>The Elite cadet Red Squad is formed at Starfleet Academy.
- <L4>The Luna-class begins planning stages.
- <L4>The Changelings have infiltrated Earth. (DSN 483)
- <L4>While on a diplomatic mission with the Karemma in the Gamma Quadrant, the USS Defiant engages Jem'Hadar warships and receives heavy damage. (DSN 479)
- <L4>The legendary Sword of Kahless is recovered in the Gamma Quadrant; after realizing it's power to divide the Klingon Empire, Worf decides to beam it into space. (DS9 481)
- <L4>Captain Sisko and Odo return to San Francisco aboard the USS Lakota (NCC-42768) where Sisko is made acting head of Starfleet Security. Blood screening tests are instituted to flush out Founder infiltrators. Earth's entire power relay systems are knocked out (on the night of the 23rd) and martial law is declared. (DSN 483)
- <L4>Admiral Leyton tries to overthrow Federation President Jaresh-Inyo. Sisko and the USS Defiant return to DS9. (DSN 484)
- <L3>The Type 11 shuttle begins planning stages.
- <L3>The USS Sovereign (NCC-7500), lead ship of the Sovereign-class heavy cruisers is commissioned.
- <L4>USS Voyager destroys a Cardassian Dreadnought missile preventing the destruction of the inhabited world Recoza V. (VOY 134)
- <L4>The Klingons secretly plant cloaked mines on the outskirts of the Bajoran system. Worf and his brother Kurn retrieve the detonation codes from the Klingon cruiser IKS Drovna and destroy the mines. (DS9 487)
- <L3>Flight testing begins on the Type 10 shuttle design.
- <L3>Roughly during this time; Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge receives ocular implants to replace his VISOR, Data gains the capability to toggle his emotion chip on and off, and Dr. Beverly Crusher goes blonde. (ST VIII)
- <L3>The Sovereign-class USS Enterprise (NCC1701-E) is commissioned. (ST VIII)
- <L3>Roughly during this time, the Cardassians abandon the Empok Nor station in the Trevis system. (DS9 522)
- <L3>Flight testing begins on the Type 11 shuttle.
2371 - 2373