The following events were known to occur during 2383:
- Each entry preceded by a <L#> designation indicates the level of Fleet Canon that item has been given by the Department of Creative Resources.
- Items without a designation have not yet been reviewed, or are deemed non-canon events.
- (Parenthesis) and/or italics show references to source material.
- <L1> The survivors of the Deridous IV disaster reach Norvan III. The colony of New Deridous is established.
- <L1> On New Deridous a previously unknown sea creature kills several civilians before being hunted down.
- <L1> The Manthean Republic initiates contact with the Federation to request formal "first contact". As New Deridous is the closest UFP colony a Civilian diplomat arrives to lead the team.
- <L0> Upon returning to Federation space, Loren Ackerman returns to his role as an engineering specialists for Intelligence Team IX and is asked to become the team's Second Officer.
- <L1> Two new groups of settlers arrive on New Deridous. The 'Order of the Living Heart' religious sect, and a group of anti-technologists.
- <L1> The 'Order of the Living Heart' establishes their settlement on New Deridous, and a new Asst. Colony Administrator arrives.
- <L1> On New Deridous the overly curious Sloth Monkey, Leaf Jumper frees a being from cryo-sleep. This further awakens long-dormant Terraformers across the planet which cause world-wide storms to break out.
- <L1> On New Deridous global storms redraw the surface of the planet. Two new vast seas are formed before the terraformers break down and the storms end.
2382 - 2384