The following events were known to occur during 2385:
- Each entry preceded by a <L#> designation indicates the level of Fleet Canon that item has been given by the Department of Creative Resources.
- Items without a designation have not yet been reviewed, or are deemed non-canon events.
- (Parenthesis) and/or italics show references to source material.
- <L3> After extensive debate Senator Chulan is chosen to be the new Romulan Praetor. (STO)
- <L3> Starfleet completes its re-evaluation of all post-Dominion War resources. Some ships that have been assigned to defense and diplomacy are re-tasked to exploration and scientific discovery. The USS Enterprise-E is to be one of the first vessels brought in for refit before returning to exploration duty. (STO)
- <L3> The Klingon Empire expels all non-Klingon residents of Khitomer as a safety measure. The USS Enterprise-E assists in the evacuation as it's final mission before it's refit. (STO)
- <L2> The Perseus Complex is completed in the outer Perseus Arm.
- <L3> Upon returning to Earth, Jean-Luc Picard resigns his commission with Starfleet; something that he had been considering for a long time. (STO)
- <L3> Chief Medical Officer Beverly Crusher accepts the position of Captain of the USS Pasteur, an Olympic-class ship. (STO)
- <L3> Chief Engineer Geordi La Forge takes a long-term leave of absence from Starfleet to work on personal projects. His first project is to assist the Soong Foundation studying the android B-4. (STO)
- <L3> Worf resigns his commission with Starfleet and returns to Qo’noS to take up the post of lead ambassador. (STO)
- <L3> The Data persona asserts itself over B-4’s more primitive programming, and the android is able to assist the Soong Foundation team to upgrade the positronic brain and recreate the emotion chip invented by Dr. Noonien Soong. (STO)
- <L2> Commodore Paula Chapman Stark is placed in command of the USS Poseidon and it's assigned fleet of ships.
- <L2> The USS Poseidon is pulled into a tunnel part of an old damaged subspace network.
- <L3> After a three-month sabbatical in France, Jean-Luc Picard is made the Federation Ambassador to Vulcan. (STO)
- <L3> After two years with no reports of Borg activity, Starfleet begins to dismantle the Borg task force and reassign it's ships to other areas. Seven of Nine leaves her advisory role with Starfleet in protest, still convinced that the Borg remain a threat. Seven accepts a position with the Daystrom Institute of Technology. (STO)
- <L2> The Kell War begins in the Outer Perseus arm.
- <L3> Tensions between the Romulans, Klingons and Federation are eased as both Starfleet and Klingon ships withdraw from Romulan space. (STO)
- <L2> The Perseus Complex is attacked by the Kell.
- <L3> Worf begins a tentative relationship with Grilka, the leader of a Klingon noble house whom he had met while serving on Deep Space 9. (STO)
- <L3> Donatra offers the Remans full citizenship in the empire and representation in the Romulan Senate in exchange for their support. Praetor Chulan does not oppose the move fearing Donatra’s military might. (STO)
2384 - 2386