The following events were known to occur during 2386:
- Each entry preceded by a <L#> designation indicates the level of Fleet Canon that item has been given by the Department of Creative Resources.
- Items without a designation have not yet been reviewed, or are deemed non-canon events.
- (Parenthesis) and/or italics show references to source material.
- <L3> The Romulan Mining Guild announces that Remus has been seriously overmined. In order to avoid a "Praxis" situation the Reman operation must shut down, and mining operations moved to more distant areas of space. (STO)
- <L3> The Remans are relocated to the planet Crateris, in the distant Gamma Crateris system. (STO)
- <L3> In retaliation for the death of Praetor Tal’aura, the Tal Shiar begin a campaign of assaults on the noble houses, arresting dozens of nobles and seizing their assets. (STO)
- <L3> An explosion destroys the home of the leader of the Tal Shiar; Rehaek is presumed dead. Two hours after the explosion, Tal Shiar forces storm Sela’s home and take her and her personal guard into custody for the murder of Rehaek. Donatra intervenes and pressures Chulan to allow Sela and her supporters to accept permanent exile instead of death. (STO)
- <L3> Worf weds Grilka in a traditional Klingon ceremony with his family and many of his friends from Starfleet in attendance. (STO)
- <L3> Data is reactivated in the body of the B-4 android. His commission is reactivated with a promotion to Captain assigned to supervise the refit of the USS Enterprise-E. (STO)
- <L0> Loren Ackerman is temporarily reassigned to the USS Pegasus-E to serve as Chief Engineer during sensitive negotiations on Cardassia Prime.
- <L3> Starfleet introduces a new uniform design.
2385 - 2387